Thursday 18 December 2014

I was Offered Buhari's Running Mate But I Decided to Remain National Leader - Tinubu




The National Leader, All Progressives Congress,
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has pledged to support the
candidacy of APC presidential candidate, Maj.
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and his running
mate, Prof. Yemi Osibajo.
Tinubu, in a statement in Abuja, said though he
was offered the position of the running mate by
Buhari, he said he decided to maintain his
position as a national leader.
He said, “There came a time during the course of
the events when our Presidential candidate,
General Muhammadu Buhari, offered me the Vice
Presidential slot. Being a normal human being, I
was deeply moved and honoured that he would
consider me for the position. Being a patriot, I
had to weigh my potential candidacy in all of its
dimensions.
“I have concluded that the interest of the party,
our campaign and that of the nation are better
served if I retain my position as the National
leader of the APC, allowing me to be a bridge
builder across all divides.
“I sincerely commit myself to the rescue agenda
of General Buhari and Professor Osinbajo.
“I declare to you, I will work and dedicate myself
so that our ticket succeeds and wins the 2015
election — not for his good, not for my good, not
even for the party’s good but for the good of our
nation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment